Hi all! So I just spent a few minutes getting frustrated at Gerrit, but finally figured out what was going on. Since Google was of no help with this issue, I figured I would document it here
- A Git repo in Gerrit shows no branches in the Gerrit Web UI
- The Git repo has branches when inspected manually
- Cloning the repository gives an error about HEAD not being found
You need to verify that the user (you, in this case) has read permission to refs/*; in my case, this permission was defined in a group that I didn’t think applied, so I didn’t inherit from it, only to find that problem hours later.
Good luck all!